VU Is A Value Add Investor
Every VC Says It, But Few Deliver It. We Have A Track Record Of Executing On Our Value Add.
A More Powerful Network
Most Seed & Series A funds only have an investment team of 3-7 people, meaning you can only leverage the network of 3-7 people.
With VU, Portfolio Companies are able to leverage a significantly larger network:
- The network of our 50+ person investment team across Consumer, Enterprise, Fintech, Frontier, Healthcare, and PropTech
- Our Insider Investor Network (350+ VU Alumni working at VC/PE funds at all levels from Analysts, Associates, Principals, to Partners)
- A deep network across VC/PE Funds, potential clients, strategic partners, advisors / board members, key hires, and future acquirers
VU often makes a few key introductions during our deeper due diligence process to help with our vetting process. We'll give you a taste of our value add even before we invest.
Worst case scenario, we don't invest, but you get a few key new introductions. Best case scenario, we invest, and then open our rolodex to really help accelerate the growth trajectory of your company
VU's powerful network can provide introductions to:
- Investors: Potential investors for the current round or future investment rounds. We have a deep network of VC/PE investors we've built over the past 45+ years
- Clients: Whether you're pre-revenue or have a client pipeline you're looking to grow, we can help fast track customer conversations within your industry
- Strategic Partners: We can help intro you to corporate development teams and corporate VC teams
- Advisors / Board Members: Executive support can be helpful in thinking through strategies for growing your company
- Key Hires: Skilled senior talent across CRO, CMO, CFO, CTO, and growth talent within engineering, sales, marketing, project management, etc.
- Acquirers: From our best of performing companies to the ones that need a safe landing if things don't go the way as planned, we can help identify and tee up potential acquirers
VU's investment team has 45+ years of VC experience, investing $1.8B+ in 250+ companies, and returning 4x+ in net realized returns, as early investors in Beyond Meat, Facebook, Uber, Venmo, Twitter, Palantir, Oculus, Wish, etc.
VU can help you see around corners, provide useful insight on strategy, and pass on critical timely wisdom when things go great and tough times occur.
A startups journey is often a roller coaster, and we've navigated companies through good and poor economies, and much like a famous insurance company's commercial, "we've seen a thing or two". We can help speed up your feedback loop in being an entrepreneur.
Reputations matter too. Our team has high integrity and has co-invested with most of the top VC funds at some point in the past. We don't cause problems and we only try to help.
Many seed funds don't have any capital reversed for follow-on investments and many Series A funds don't have much reserved for follow-on rounds either, using a spray and pray approach to VC investing.
VU has 66% of Fund II reserved for follow-on investments, so we can participate in multiple follow-on investments through a company's journey until exit. While we typically co-invest in the first round of up to $1M, we have the ability to potentially lead your follow-on round as well up, investing up to $10M.